CANTEEN - TRAPEZA
The Social shelter has a cafeteria located in the courtyard of the church, in a well equipped building, also used for other social and charity activities.
The social cafeteria has a capacity of 50 places, it feeds 100 people from random detrimented social departments.
30 from 100 people receive home food delivery because they’re incapable of walking. The beneficiaries are included in the program after an investigation accomplished by paroch priest, people from paroch committee and the district’s social worker. The cafeteria is equipped with all utilities needed for such a project.
Starting with the first centuries, the mission of the church was to help detrimented social departments. Taking this as an example, the Saint Sinod of Romanian Orthodox Church, through the Decision no. 3336 from 1997, elaborates strategies of implicature in social problems at levels of eparchies and parishees, according to the administrative structure of our church.
The society today is in continuous change, because of that many people don’t manage to adapt and to redirect themselves with the requests.
Considering the same facts, the number of factories and industries is insufficient to cover rural and urban job market - this leaded many families an people to an advanced stage of social risk, generated in almost all cases by poverty.
This stage leads to catastrophic results in the domestic environment: neglected kids and elders, families that can’t satisfy their primary needs like: food, clothing, support and so on.
Referring strictly to social activity in our parish “Precupetii Vechi”, a very neuralgic point of view, which makes more imperious the need of support and attend helpless families, is that in this geographical area, located in the city center of the capital, lives a population with big social life problems.
100people from families with insufficient or inexistent income, no matter of age or category, included in our parish “Precupetii Vechi” will benefit of this program after they’re nominated by the district’s social worker, following a social investigation at the residence of the assisted.
The selection will take place based on the social investigation for the beneficiaries of social canteen and other actions that will take place here. Social investigations are periodically reviewed.
1. Giving the chance to spend the income on other needed expenses. (rent, clothing, utilities a.s.o.) by assuring a meal five times a week.
2. Improving the life quality by offering a hot meal daily.
3. Assuring a complete, healthy meal, as not many can afford to have, because of the high level of poverty.
4. According moral support to those people, meant to strengthen the idea that the society is interested with the problems they confront with.
5. According spiritual and social assistance to the beneficiaries as long as the project lasts.
6. Increasing the level of social implicature of the church by introducing projects of supporting the social policies.
- Mr. Mihai Herascu
- The believers familiar with the church that have good financial status.
- Archbishops Social District of Charity - Bucharest which, through social workers , will provide attendance and execute social investigations for accomplishing the lists with people that can benefit of this project.
IWA - International Women's Association - Bucharest
- Anglican Church of Resurrection - Rev. James Ramsay
- a social worker will initiate social investigations at the residence of the beneficiary and will provide social assistance.
- a priest will provide spiritual assistance
- supplementation of food
- reducing the efforts made for paying the duties of rent and supporting some of the daily expenses
- the prevention of financial brake down of the families or persons in need, that take part to this project
- reducing the number of destroyed families.
The canteen kitchen was set in a special room and full equiped in accordance with legal standards.
This achievement was possible only by donations.
Stainless cooking hob and double sink
Big gauge refrigerator
Second refrigerator with freezer